We only use card from companies which are dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world’s forests.
The card used for our cards meets the requirements of the UK Forestry Standard, (Woodland Carbon Code).
The Woodland Carbon Code is the UK standard for afforestation projects for climate change mitigation. It provides independent verification and validation and assurance about the levels of carbon sequestration from managed woodland and their contribution to climate change mitigation.
The board and card for our boxes is sourced from either sustainable forests, or are 100% recycled, and are FSC accredited by the manufactures.
Our green printing uses vegetable oil-based inks.
Vegetable oil inks have much lower rates of VOCs emissions than mineral oil inks. Also, in contrast to mineral oils, vegetable oils are derived from renewable resources, and the inks made from them are more easily removed from waste paper during de-inking. Another plus is that the pigments in the vegetable oil inks do not usually contain heavy metals.
Environmental Policy Statement
The key points of Little Star Cards environmental policy are:
• Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
• Minimise toxic emissions through sourcing materials and services from local companies.
• Actively promote recycling and reusing both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
• Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
• Continually work to reduce the amount and type of packaging used on our products
• Continually evaluate our environmental performance
• incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
Little Star Cards constantly monitors and reviews its environmental performance and this Environmental Policy Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability, and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.